Sunday, August 31, 2008

Taking Note



The summer has gone by in what can only be described as a blur. Briar starts school on Thursday, Avery is speaking in paragraphs and Finley is sleeping through the night. Yesterday we celebrated a milestone: a run. We loaded Bri in the single jogging stroller, while Ave and Fin rode together in the double. Armed with iPods and water we ran block after block, passing through the neighborhoods in ways we've never been able: together.

Briar beamed, Fin kicked and Ave squealed. After a while, as we found our rhythm, they slept. And Sean and I reveled in the freedom to just run and watch and experience.

Can you remember the last time you did that?




Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Heather said...

I don't do it often enough, I know that.

Gorgeous photos.

Anonymous said...

Not nearly as much as I should! And all of mine are in school now! A nice reminder to be a bit more observant!

Great photography work! Beautiful!

Janet said...

Sweet reminder. I'm feeling all nostalgic for summer now that school is starting. Did I work too much? Frown too often? Not take enough bike rides around the neighbourhood? I hope not but I honestly can't remember. I think that's a bad sign...

Anonymous said...

Saturday morning at the park. It was wonderful. (Of course, I wasn't pushing the 6'2" man-boy in a stroller - he was home in bed.)

flutter said...

never done that. I think I need to

Kimberly said...

I'm making an effort to do it more often, especially this week since my girls go back to school on the 8th.

Gorgeous photos.

Anonymous said...

NICE! I run alone :( I so need to convince my husband we need one more jogging stroller :D

Kimberly said...

Love the pictures - esp the tomatoes. The deer ate all of mine this year :(

Jodi Jean said...

i've never gone running with my hubby ... although at this stage (4.5 weeks til #2 pops out) i'm pretty sure i'm not supposed to be running anywhere!!

krissy said...

awww, you made me cry. How awesome! I had so many dreams of running again after my little one, but she hates the stroller! Reality crashed down on me! Gorgeous pictures!