Friday, November 23, 2007

Reading Double

I have come to accept that until I finally come face to face with this energetic life kicking around inside my belly, I am just going to be confused. The pregnancy ditz-state has rocked this mama to the core this time around, I'd offer examples, but of course I can't remember any. Perhaps I can rope Sean into guest posting for your reading pleasure, until then, bare with me.

I checked my inbox this evening during a What Not to Wear commercial break. I had not one, but two meme tags. Not that big a deal, say some of you, but when the tags come from an "Angie" and an "Anglea" and you're me? It's a big deal. I must have clicked back and forth three times...

"Is it the same?"

"Are there two?"

"No, it's Angie, but wait, that's Angela, but two?"

"The same day? Same name."

"Naw, it's a double publish..."

But I was wrong. The wonderful Angela tagged me for the 8 Things Meme and the delightful Angie tagged me for an alphabet meme. So, yes, two. And away we go:

The rules: list a word that describes you for every letter of the alphabet. Offer as much or as little explanation as you wish. Please keep the words positive (for example, don’t use “fat” for F or “lame” for L), and feel free to get creative. Tag as many or as few people as you wish. Link back to your tagger and forward to your taggees.


awake
bellylicious
coughing...we are all still sick
delirious...we are all still madly in love
energetic
flip
genuine
hopeful
imaginative
joyous
kicky
less-and-less-lap
mama
nocturnal on-demand, if you get my nursing drift
over-the-moon
playful
questing
relentless
sean's
tickled
unironed
va va va voom
wiser
xx did I mention our anatomy scan, wherein we might learn the gender, as in xx or xy of this baby, is Monday morning?
yawning
zany

Rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.



1. I generally love movies and fall into the predictable stereotype, getting slightly weepy exactly ten seconds into a trailer and winding up with chills as I rub my arms saying, "Ooo, I want to see that." However, and this is a big however, the movie currently being shoved down my throat with Kelly Russell and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, so help me it looks like the worst thing ever to be trotted out by the studios. I'd sooner watch an Olsen twin tackle Shakespeare then pay to see August Rush. It has absolutely nothing that draws me in, and in fact, after the commercials end I get angry because the story sounds great, but the actors, the look, I detest it all and resent the advertising blitz.

2. I do not understand how a "Fluff sandwich" can be considered food.

3. Anything raspberry flavored, real or artificial, activates my gag reflex.

4. I am getting my hair cut tomorrow.

5. The portion I have come to accept as a serving size with regard to banana peppers is just shy of one jar.

6. I put on a fresh pair of socks to go to sleep in the winter.

7. I am literally unable to purchase cosmetics or lotions for myself that cost more than $8, though I long for the good stuff.

8. I have an obsession with preventing the squirrels in our neighborhood from eating from our bird feed out front. Thus far the only effective means of doing this is keeping the damn thing empty and they still come and maniacally rub their verminy little claw-paws together, licking their lips and bobbing their heads in search of more $15 a bag wild bird food.

I'm not tagging anyone because at this late hour I know I'll blow a link. Wait, I take that back. For the alphabet meme I want to tag a couple of women whose choice of words always delight me and who I know have, on occasion, seen themselves in a way that denies them the truth of their arresting beauty and exceptional intelligence. So, Miz Flutter and Mrs. Chicken, dazzle us with a little alphabetized self-love, will ya?


Ok, whew. Done.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

flutter said...

I love you, Amanda.

Bea said...

Are fluff sandwiches an American thing? I'd never heard of them before I started blogging. Nutella sandwiches, on the other hand ... yum.

Anonymous said...

wow your alphabet response rocks!

Amanda said...

I think they are an Ameican hailing from the East Coast thing. I was a Pacific Northwest girl through and through growing up, though I doubt my mom would have let Fluff in the house regardless of where we were. She dusted everything with wheat germ, which, don't misunderstand, is not a bad thing. I'll take wheat germ and carob over Fluff and chocolate any day. Nutella...I've hear dof it, but am not quite sure what it is.

Janet said...

Less-and-less-lap? Brilliant.

Nutella is chocolate hazelnut spread made with real milk! Or at least that is how they market it, making it look so creamy and wholesome in the commercials. I have no idea of the traditional value but peanut butter on toast with a little Nutella smeared on top is pure rapture. We had to give up both in the house, due to Drew's nut allergies. It's okay, he's much more extreme in his deliciousness.

TSintheC said...

You did great girlfriend. I love the alphabet - and I have cherry-aversion similar to your raspberry one.

Angela S. said...

I am totally impressed -- you know how long it took me to get back to that alphabet meme after I got tagged? And you did two in no time flat, during a holiday weekend no less. I need to up my game! Loved both your lists, by the way -- and I'm with you on the $8 lotion, though I too long for the good stuff. Darn thriftiness . . .

Minnesota Matron said...

Bellylicious is a nummy word and makes me wish mine was rounder for reasons other than too much turkey -- I just loved being pregnant and your blog returns me to that these days. And, the thought of the Olsen twins tackling Shakespeare really cracks me up -- my children live for old Full House on DVD. Ugh.

painted maypole said...

my husband fashioned a bird feeder stand where the main pole is wrapped in dryer tubing. The post is far enough away from a fence or tree that no squirrel can throw itself onto it, and thus, we feed only the birds. granted, it's an odd looking contraption in our backyard, but it works! the squirrels are welcome to dine on the acorns from the oak out front

Amy Y said...

Loved these!
Good luck with the hair cut and finding out the sex... Can't wait to see! :)

Amy said...

I'm only just seeing this now and just in the nick of time - I'm blue and fresh out of ideas for NaBloPoMo.

And for your compliments, I'm blushing, truly.