Thursday, February 15, 2007

On the eve of goodbye

Grandma flies home tomorrow. It has been the sweetest of visits, and in much the same way memories have been created, a lump has taken residence in my throat. I cannot believe a week has passed. I cannot imagine the girls not having Grandma here to play with and kiss. I cannot imagine me not having Mom here to marvel at the pace of my life, the intensity of my girls and the accomplishments of my family. Great work has been done whilst we all had fun coloring and laughing. The girls will remember Grandma. Briar will be chattering on about Grandma this and Grandma that. Avery will light up all the brighter as I sing the songs she's listened to Grandma singing.

There's really not much more to say than -

I love you, Mama. I'm going to miss you.

-Mandarin





Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: