Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sympathy Incontinence

Briar is a classic first-born, desperate to keep everyone happy. Lately she has been very focused on my belly, asking about the baby and delighting in the movements she witnesses. She has also taken to asking if my belly hurts or if my back is "achin." It's pretty sweet and I encourage her participation.

I am, however, a little concerned at how two days running she has turned to me and said, "Mom, I have to pee," and quickly following it with, "Oh, oh, oh my goodness, mama, I am peeing right now!"

Puddles, tears and mild hysteria...just like me most days at work as I weigh how badly I need to pee against the spiral metal staircase standing between me and the bathroom.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

amanda said...

sooo funny!! and oh how i heart your daughters and the sweet things that come out of their mouths!!

BetteJo said...

Oh Briar, what a sweet baby girl. :)

flutter said...

LOL

oh Briar!

Unknown said...

LOL, what a sweet child :)

Kimberly said...

Hee. That's quite funny.

She sounds like such a sweet girl.

Amy Y said...

I love that about her!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww. What a darling. I bet she is mesmerized by those movements.

But does she spit toothpaste on her belly?

;-)

Janet said...

Briar is cute.

Dude, I *still* have that contemptuous relationship with peeing. Those three babies pummeled my lady parts.

Anonymous said...

Well, I clearly lost the first born lottery in one respect. Mine is SO not eager to please.