Saturday, June 02, 2007

Park dirt is best

Friday was special. My phone rang at 2:40pm.

"Just letting you know we're off the clock at three."

"Great."

"Kiss my babies for me and have a great weekend."

I dutifully kissed the girls and then fed and changed them.

"Wanna go to the park girls?"

"Slides! We goin' to da slides."

"Sai. Ga-sai. Ya ya ya!"

"We comin' slides. We missed you, I love you. I'll be dere in a minute slides. We comin'!"

I ushered the girls to the garage, Briar hopping and continuing to alert the slides to our impending arrival and Avery walking and craning her neck to keep Briar in her field of vision. They chattered and kicked as I loaded them into our bright red double stroller. Lacing my tennis shoes I was delirious with anticipation, a midafternoon, weekday, walk to the park, it seemed so decadent.

And it was. We swang and slid, ran and tumbled, steered and skipped, but mostly, we played in the dirt.


I'll refrain from captioning each photo and simply say that the girls played together and alone beautifully.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much FUN!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

What a great afternoon! It looks like it was a beautiful day.

Curious (and too lazy to try to figure it out myself)... what is the age difference between Avery and Briar? I'm trying to figure if it the same as between my niece and nephew... being close makes for such good friends!

Cate said...

I can't wait to be able to go to the park with the boys....it's so busy right now that the yard is as far as they get right now. I always love to see your pictures...you are a fantastic photographer!

BTW...what kind of double stroller do you have? We're in the market, and I could use a suggestion or two!