Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Happy Day




Add to the list of things I don't dive into with the fervor of some moms: first birthdays. It seems so silly to create posed vignettes of celebration. I think second birthdays, and a child's ability to enjoy them are much more appropriate for a big fuss. However, as is wont to happen in this grand trip called parenting I had what I knew turned on its ear last night by a toddler and a 1 year old. Turns out with two, the first birthday is a true celebration, fraught though it may be with heart breaking envy and hurt.


Singing.



Playing.


Feasting.


And, of course, belly button play.


Happy Birthday Averrific. A Happy Day for all of us.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Sarahviz said...

I just notice the "2 girls and counting..." in your About Me profile. Hmmmmm :)

Happy 1st birthday to Avery!

Lara said...

your girls are beautiful, as always.

i have a pic i want to show you, can you email me when you get a chance? laradavid.blog@gmail.com. i took the pic and it reminded me immediately of you and the girls. thanks! :)

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Abigail said...

Happy Birthday to Ay-ree! I'm sorry for my late wishes--Avery was in my thoughts on Tuesday, and I hope she had a fabulous B-day! Can't wait to see her in June!

Love ya!